1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I enjoy them both, but I find that egg nog really hits my tummy hard (or maybe it is just that Tim is too generous with the Southern Comfort when he mixes it). So I'd probably opt for some nice hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa does NOT wrap presents! (I realized how genius this was of my Mom after trying to wrap some of the larger, awkwardly shaped presents I have purchased for people over the years).
3. Colored or white lights? Colored lights please.
4. Do you hang a mistletoe? Nope. I don't think I've ever met anyone that did?
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever we get a tree? Which is usually a couple weeks into December so it can survive until Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Mom makes roast beast and mashed potatoes and gravy and it is a food I've never mastered so I'm always happy to eat it ALL.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? It's funny, I can't remember any present opening activities, but I have a very clear memory of my parents sending Vincent (my little brother) into my room to hang out with me while they "set up the camera" (which I'm pretty sure is when most of the presents came out too). I have a hazy memory of us sitting on the bed, Vincent in his flannel pajamas and just kind of vibrating with excitement for both of us. I guess that is the plus of having a younger sibling, they keep the Christmas excitement alive a little bit longer.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember ever "finding out"...I guess it wasn't as earth shattering for me. I remember not telling my parents that I knew because I was concerned that knowing/not knowing would tie into the amount of presents. 9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. I'm usually watching all of my movies and tv shows and staying up too late.
10. How do you decorate your tree? Lots of pop culture ornaments but they are Christmas themed. I don't hang Star Wars figures up there.
11. Snow - love it or hate it? Is it a work day and was it enough to close the library? Then I love it. Is it just enough to cover the roads but I still have to drive in it? Yeah, BOO! Snow on weekends, when I was off already, get a double BOO!
12. Can you ice skate? Not really. Been years since I tried but I've never been a fan with my irrational fear of having my fingers sliced off by a rogue skater.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I was pretty excited when I saw this E.T. under the tree:
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My Mom likes to make a gingerbread cake thing and makes real whipped cream to go with it. It is delicious. I tend to make LOTS of cookies. Going to make the peanut butter blossoms tomorrow.
15. What's the most important things about the holidays? Being with those you love and sharing the joy and cheer with everyone.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Just getting together.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? Tinker bell.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I enjoy them both! But I do love seeing people's faces when they open their gifts. I try to find unique things that show I know them.
19. Favorite Christmas song? Anything from the John Denver and the Muppet "A Christmas Together" album.
20. Favorite Christmas movie? "A Christmas Story" It's not Christmas without it. Every other movie in my pile I can skip if I run out of time, but this one I have to watch, or at least have on in the background.
21. What do you leave for Santa? Technically I left milk and cookies, but I can't tell you how many time I went to bed forgetting to leave something out for him. My Mom always made sure there was something there when I woke up in the morning. Every video my Dad made started with the CLOSE UP of the empty plate and glass.