made by verdande_mi on Dreamwidth (who has a lovely photo blog here)
1. What are the five newest additions to your to-read list?
(I’m interpreting this as date-added and sorting my list as such)
Have you read any of these?
2. What is the five oldest additions to your to-read list?
(going by date added)
Have you read any of these?
3. How many books do you have listed as read?
1,337 – it’s not comprehensive, obviously. And there are a LOT of picture books for tracking storytime ideas.
4. How many books are in your to-read-list?
1,081 !!!! I WILL NEVER DIE !!!!
5. Are there any authors who is more heavily represented in your have read list?
Can’t think of any easy way to figure this out, but I’m guessing Mo Willems (because he has a LOT of picture books and I have read them all), Brian K Vaughan (writes graphic novels series) – I have 3 pages worth of both of their books.
6. Are there any author who is more heavily represented in your to-read list?
For new authors, I tend to only add the one book I want to try by them so I don’t have their whole back catalog in my to-read list which is already crazy enough as it is. (again, browsing this list I see that I desperately need to weed it, so many titles that I have no interest in now)
7. How to do you sort your books?
I tend to sort by date read because I like to do “what I read this month” posts for my blogs. I use a LOT of tags to help me find them so sometimes I “sort” by tag?
8. Do you participate in the 2020 reading challenge?
Yep! Looks like I participated off and on starting in 2011 (didn’t make my goal) then got serious about reading in 2013 and started setting more realistic goals.
This year the goal is 100 books but because of all this quarantine stuff, I haven’t read nearly as much as I usually do because I can’t focus and my whole routine is shot. I usually read at lunch at work then before bedtime but not having lunch and then not getting to bed at a decent hour consistently has really messed me up.
9. Do you participate in any discussion groups?
Nah, I have enough social sites to talk about books on.
10. How many books have you read so far this year?
Only 11. It says I am 16 behind. Yeah, might need to adjust that goal…
11. How many books are in you currently reading?
Again, being at home has thrown this off. usually I have a book for work, a book for bedtime and then sometimes a book for the car.
But right now I am just reading one book.
12. Do you write reviews? Do you read reviews?
YES and YES. Mostly I write them to help me with booktalks at work. I read them to help me with booktalks also, usually for books I haven’t read LOL.
13. Any other goodreads feature you use?
I use TAGS Book Shelves a LOT. I like to browse the GoodReads awards when the end of the year rolls around. I used to sign up for giveaways but I don’t bother with that anymore. And obviously I use the friend feature so I can see what everyone else is reading to get even more ideas!
14. Do you follow any interesting authors or other people worth mentioning?
I follow authors but I rarely read their GoodRead updates since most of those are also on Twitter or their personal blogs, which I check more often, so I can’t really suggest anyone off the top of my head.